At Vale Fire and Security, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who contact us through many different communication channels, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this Policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes, the most up-to-date copy being found on our website at www.valefireandsecurity.co.uk. By contacting us you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Unit 4 Brookend Farm, Brookend Lane, Kempsey, Worcestershire, WR5 3LF.
Who are we?
We are Vale Fire and Security Limited, a designer, installer and maintainer of fire and intruder detection and alarm systems and other fire & security related products and installer and maintainer of fire extinguishing equipment. Vale Fire and Security is a Limited company registered in England and its company registration number is 7309323. The registered address is Unit 4 Brookend Farm, Brookend Lane, Kempsey, Worcestershire, WR5 3LF, UK.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, Vale Fire and Security Limited is the Data Controller.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you contact us though one of several sources including (but not limited to): –
- Telephone call.
- Our website (when you use our Contact Us page).
- Exhibition / Trade show enquiries.
- Business networking groups enquiries.
- A customer who has nominated you and requested your permission to be an alternative contact for a monitored system in the event of system activation.
- Social media (when you send us a direct message).
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, telephone (and/or mobile) numbers, email address and system information or requirements. If you are paying for a service by debit/credit card we will also ask for your relevant card details, however these are not stored/retained following a successful/unsuccessful transaction.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to: –
- Supply a quotation you have requested.
- Provide details of our products and services at your request.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us. – To carry out our billing/invoicing process.
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, new products and services from ourselves, advice and other information relevant to your relationship with us.
- Process a job application.
Our lawful basis’ for processing your information as required by the GDPR and DPA are: –
- Consent (where you have provided your personal information for us to be able to contact you about information from us. Consent may be withdrawn by you at any time).
- Contract (where we require the use of your personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or you have asked us to provide you with information prior to entering into a contract with us).
- Legitimate interest (where you have provided us your personal information and it is required by local authorities (including, but not limited to the Police, Fire Brigade, HSE) for the purposes of their investigations into events for which they are involved and relates specifically to systems for which we have designed, installed, commissioned and maintained.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of VAT) or obligations that are set by our regulating bodies. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as you require any monitoring and maintenance contracts you hold with us. Your personal information will be destroyed (hard copy or electronic) securely where no longer required to perform our duties.
Who has access to your information?
Employees of Vale Fire and Security with the express purpose of managing our relationship with you for the design, supply, installation, commissioning and on-going maintenance and monitoring services. (All Vale Fire and Security employees are required to successfully complete security screening to British Standard BS7858 prior to permanent employment with the company).
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with: We work closely with various third-party product providers to bring you a range of services to enhance your fire and security protection and services provided by ourselves or other similar service providers to us.
The third-party providers we use in relation to these additional services include (but not limited to):
- Police/ Authorities
- Monitoring providers – for the purposes of providing you notification when your system activates.
- Specialist service providers
- Where requested by you or required to fulfil our obligations to you, but managed by ourselves.
- Electronic date systems for completion of service/ surveys reports for Field based personal.
- National Security Screening Association for security screening potential and/or new
- MailChimp for service updates to all customers via email.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive additional information from us and by which communication route. You can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information or other personal information collection process. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes if you haven’t provided your consent to be contacted (opt-in). You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you make changes to any of the information we hold about you or any of the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: sales@Valefireandsecurity.com, or write to us at: Vale Fire and Security Limited, Unit 4 Brookend Farm, Brookend Lane, Kempsey, Worcestershire, WR5 3LF. UK. Alternatively, you can telephone 03333 440812.(And we will provide you with Customer update information form to complete and return, when your records will be updated)
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Vale Fire and Security hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All personal details are stored on our secure servers, which are backed up via an encrypted transmission, Password protected removable media (for the purposes of the company’s disaster recovery procedure). Like with all data transfer routes we cannot guarantee this to be 100% secure. In addition, all personal information transferred within the company for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you (such as providing our Engineers with your details to enable them to complete their duties) is kept as secure as reasonably possible. Likewise, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where you provide the company with a password for remotely monitored systems, you are also responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone (with exception of your nominated contacts for remote monitoring purposes).
Use of ‘cookies’
Links to other websites
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Vale Fire and Security operates within the UK only. Therefore, and ensured by the company, all data is kept inside Europe.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated May 2018.